Hotels Near Tyler Pounds Airport
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport Terminal (Staff photo)
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (airport code TYR) is a state-of-the-art airport providing American Eagle Airlines jet service to cities worldwide via connections at Dallas DFW Airport.
Completely rebuilt in 2002 at a cost of $17.6 million, the airport features on-site parking, rental car facilities and easy access from various areas of Tyler and East Texas.
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport is located 7 miles west of downtown Tyler on Texas Highway 64, near its intersection with Toll 49.
Shuttle service from Tyler to Dallas, DFW airport, and Love Field is available, both via scheduled shuttles or via chartered vans. On-site short-term and long-term parking is also available at the airport.
In addition to scheduled commercial airlines, Pounds Airport provides a wide range of air and ground services for private aviation, business travel, and air charter fleets.
There are no hotels on the airport property, or near the airport. The map below shows the location of the airport in relation to the major hotel corridors in Tyler.
We would recommend staying in one of the South Broadway Avenue (U.S. 69) hotels, and taking Toll 49 to/from the Highway 64 (Airport) exit. South Broadway connects with Toll 49 just south of the Village at Cumberland Park.
Stay in the South Broadway Corridor at one of these properties.
- Courtyard by Marriott, new in 2010 - 7424 South Broadway
- Residence Inn by Marriott, just off South Broadway, next to Kohl's, at 350 West Heritage Drive. Opened in November 2014. 124 rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Tyler South - at the Village at Cumberland Park, South Broadway Avenue and Toll Loop 49. Opened in the fall of 2015.
- Hilton Garden Inn - South Broadway at Grande Boulevard, on the Tyler Trails system
- Holiday Inn South Broadway - South Broadway, near Chuy's, across from Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden
Hilton Garden Inn, Tyler, Texas (Staff photo)
- Candlewood Suites - Rieck Road, one block off South Broadway
- Comfort Suites at the S. Broadway Mall - Rieck Road, one block off South Broadway
- Sleep Inn & Suites - 5555 Donnybrook Avenue near Rieck Road, two blocks off South Broadway
- Country Inn and Suites by Carlson - just off South Broadway near Robert E. Lee Drive, close to Wal-Mart and Target and several restaurants