Travel Tips for Selecting Lodging in Tyler
While there is lodging throughout Tyler, visitors will find the largest concentrations of hotels are along South Broadway Avenue, and the south portions of Loop 323.
Included below are some basic travel tips for selecting and booking Tyler hotels.
Need to be near Tyler's major shopping outlets, the Broadway Square Mall, and popular Tyler restaurants? Stay in the South Broadway Avenue corridor at one of these properties:
Residence Inn, Tyler, Texas (Staff photo)
- Residence Inn by Marriott, just off South Broadway, next to Kohl's, at 350 West Heritage Drive. Opened in November 2014. 124 rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Tyler South - at the Village at Cumberland Park, South Broadway Avenue and Toll Loop 49. Opened in the fall of 2015.
- Hilton Garden Inn - South Broadway at Grande Boulevard, on the Tyler Trails system
- Holiday Inn South Broadway - South Broadway, near Chuy's, across from Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden
Hilton Garden Inn, Tyler, Texas (Staff photo)
- Candlewood Suites - Rieck Road, one block off South Broadway
- Comfort Suites at the S. Broadway Mall - Rieck Road, one block off South Broadway
- Sleep Inn & Suites - 5555 Donnybrook Avenue near Rieck Road, two blocks off South Broadway
- Country Inn and Suites by Carlson - just off South Broadway near Robert E. Lee Drive, across from Cheddar's and Wal-Mart
Staybridge Suites, East Loop 323, Tyler, Texas (Staff photo)
Visiting UT-Tyler, TJC, or need accommodations close to Trinity Mother Frances Hospital or the East Texas Medical Center (ETMC)? Then consider:
- Homewood Suites - near SE Loop 323 and Troup Highway, at 3104 Golden Road, offering 113 suites. Phone 903.593.7880. Opened in October of 2016.
- Staybridge Suites - just off East Loop 323, at 2759 McDonald Road. Phone 903.566.1100. Opened in January of 2011.
- LaQuinta Inn & Suites University Area - 2552 SSE Loop 323, next to Staybridge Suites. Opened in late 2014.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites South - Loop 323 SE at University.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - Near Loop 323 and Highway 110 (Troup Highway).
- Magnuson Grand Hotel & Convention Center - 3310 Troup Highway, near Loop 323, behind the Corner Bakery and Firehouse Subs.
- Days Inn & Suites - On Troup Highway near Loop 323
Need a more spacious accommodation for your visit and vacation to nearby Lake Palestine?
- Silverleaf Resorts Timeshare - Available for less through SellMyTimeshareNow.com, these unique condo style units are found within resorts like Lake O’ The Woods and Silverleaf Villages on nearby Lake Palestine, convenient to Tyler and other area communities.
Need lodging near downtown? Since Tyler has no major hotels or motels in the downtown area, book one of the many fine hotel properties in the South Broadway corridor, only about 5 miles south of downtown.
Woldert-Spence Manor Bed & Breakfast (Staff photo)
The downtown area does feature nearby bed & breakfast inns, including:
- Woldert-Spence Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn: northeast corner of Vine Avenue and Woldert Street, near downtown Tyler ... read what other travelers have to say, on TripAdvisor
Working or visiting in the Tyler area, but want to stay in a quiet, country environment? Consider a bed and breakfast in the nearby countryside, such as the following:
- Centaur Arabian Farms: Read reviews of this beautiful home and ranch in the rolling hills just south of Tyler near Gresham
- Kiepersol Estates: On the grounds of a beautiful winery near Bullard, just minutes south of Tyler ... find the best deal, compare prices, and read reviews at TripAdvisor
- Dogwood Hill B&B: north of Tyler, and just north of Tyler State Park, between Lindale and Winona